Thursday, March 17, 2016

Week 11 EOC: Where Are You Gong?

I as a Fashion Designer major, I have gotten an opportunity after grad a beginning job in a manufacturing. If I work for this company for five years, I can gain the experience I need to move forward with more opportunities that require experience before hand. My ultimate goal is to work for a company called Modcloth, a very vintage orientated boutique.

 We’re committed to inspiring personal style and helping our community and customers feel like the best version of themselves. - Modcloth

If I gain a better opportunity with Modcloth, that would be beneficial on many levels. But I have my options open to staying with the manufacturing company or going to Tatyana's. Another boutique that specializes in vintage wear, there located in Vegas and I have had the pleasure of touring their facility. As well as meet the assist manager of the place.

We are an American upscale fashion brand that that specializes in rockabilly dresses, retro shoes, vintage t-shirts, pin up dresses, pinup accessories and more. We are the go-to destination for fashion that is inspired by 1950’s clothing. - Tatyana's

I also have a good friend of mine wo wants to do a business partnership, start a Etsy and sell designs. Or possibly open a store in California, she wants me to do Print design work for her. Which is a plus, if all else fails. My backup plan was to enlist and do alteration work during that time in the military. I am optimistic none the less, and I have many skills and talents. I can always use those to my advantage and make one of them work in my favor.

“Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.”
Christian D. Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment